Strand 300

propmonkey

On our Strand 300 48/96(OS 2.8.6) I have all my cues programed and I am running in automode but the last few days when I have turned the board on the 2-scene master sliders(The ones used more manual mode) are on. The leds above them are but they don't do anything. If I go to mode and select automode (which I am already in) it goes away. I'm just curious as to why this happens.

The second is the wheel. When I select a channels sometimes, like, I will push '1' and it will go straight to the wheel. I'll see '1 @ wheel *' flash in the command line. All I have to do is push 1. It also happens if I try to select a sub. This can be a problem when I'm trying to adjust levels. It doesnt always do this. Sometimes when it goes straight to the wheel like that the levels will move on its on, usually a little but a few times its dropped from fl to below 10.

The second is the wheel. When I select a channels sometimes, like, I will push '1' and it will go straight to the wheel. I'll see '1 @ wheel *' flash in the command line. All I have to do is push 1. It also happens if I try to select a sub.

That sounds like a faulty (or dirty) encoder on the wheel. I'm not familiar with the internals of the 300 so all I can suggest is to give it a blast from a can of compressed air which might dislodge any dust & dirt.

If that doesn't help and in the absence of other suggestions, give your local Strand service agent a call.

Regards,

Marc

Archived