URGENT SOUND FX

dominicgross

I urgently need some sound effects for a show on saturday, I would use the BBC CD but I can;t seem to find it.

I need

Door bell

Phone ring

Door opening

Door Closing

Wind blowing

train moving

clock chimes (3, 5, 7, 1, 2 chimes)

Tick/toch (fast and slow)

If anyone could please help me out....please?

Where in the world are you?

And remember that you need enough time to sort out the rights,

Have you thought of going out and recording them yourself - nothing that dificult in that list...

I urgently need some sound effects for a show on saturday, I would use the BBC CD but I can;t seem to find it.
Door bell, Phone ring

Use a real one if you can. Bells over sound systems seldom sound realistic.

Door opening, Door Closing

Doors can be done with a small door 2' x 3' or so in a frame opened and shut on cue.

Wind blowing

Wind machine any one? Drum of 2x1 struts with some canvas pulled tight over the top, drum turns to make wind sound on cue.

As for the rest, try SFX cds from your local large high street retailer (virgin &c). Or get hold of the old BBC records as they are on there. Not sure of the fast & slow tocks....

As for the rest, try SFX cds from your local large high street retailer (virgin &c). Or get hold of the old BBC records as they are on there. Not sure of the fast & slow tocks....

Um

Virgin only sell SFX like the BBC Essentials range and other similars that normaly don't include rights to use them for performance...

Virgin only sell SFX like the BBC Essentials range and other similars that normaly don't include rights to use them for performance...

Most CD sfx compilations allow "amatuer" users to use royalty free. This may include school use. I've looked at a few of my discs and they are covered by MCPS and/or PRS licences. Which of course many will already have in place. :D

The cheap BBC discs don't specify, which surprises me, however the set of 40+ discs that they have released state "....allow the use of the discs in audio, video and film productions in perpetuity.....without further charge".

No mention of theatre, but I would feel confident that this is an error of omission.

Greetings,

If your looking for Sound effects try J W Media Music . The Cd's are between £25 and £60.00 each. This may sound like a lot but the include the copyright for you to use them for whatever purpose you need without addition cost. I have been using them for years and have found them very helpfull in tracking down strange effects. They keep stocks of The premiere Edition/ File Effects and many other ranges of Sound effect libraries. The contact There is Carl Dobbins.

Hope this helps

Fleeting...

Most CD sfx compilations allow "amatuer" users to use royalty free. This may include school use. I've looked at a few of my discs and they are covered by MCPS and/or PRS licences. Which of course many will already have in place.

The cheap BBC discs don't specify, which surprises me, however the set of 40+ discs that they have released state "....allow the use of the discs in audio, video and film productions in perpetuity.....without further charge".

From a cheap BBC disk (aka the Essentials range and the only type you are likley to find in Virgin)

Unauthorised copying hiring, lending, public performance and broadcast of this recording prohibited

From the avid records special FX range (also available from Virgin)

Unauthorised copying hiring, lending, public performance, diffusion broadcast of this record prohibited

Oh and the full BBC set of 60 costs £1560 + vat

I have never seen them for sale in Virgin.

they are covered by MCPS and/or PRS licences.

Oh and the full BBC set of 60 costs £1560 + vat

I have never seen them for sale in Virgin.

Does this not cover the issue?

Oh and I didn't mean to imply the full set was cheap, or available from Virgin. ISTR Canford offer the disks at £18 or so each.

Sorry andrew

Canford offer the disks for £37.98 ea. + vat.

You neverspecificaly said they were cheap or available from Virgin

you did say

try SFX cds from your local large high street retailer (virgin &c)

To which I said

you said

Which you can't buy from Virgin.

and they do specify on my cheap BBC Disks as I also said later.

Anyway.

this is deviating from the issue slightly

James

Archived