Trident

My brother wants to come with us for some work experience, as he's interested in the events / media / content creation side of what we do - ssshh - I haven't mentioned this to my boss yet.

I've had a quick flick through the Trident website and their FAQ, and I can't see a problem, but can anyone tell me basically how best to arm myself so that my boss goes for it rather than dismissing it as too much hassle (he does get a free employee for two weeks, but might have to do some work hisself to obtain this...)?

First thing really is how old is your brother and want sort of things would he be doing?

What you need to look at is the H&S and insurance issues - maybe you could do the required risk assessment for your boss before you go and see him?

Try looking at this pdf file Government Guidelines To Work Experience which should help you on your way

• 2 weeks later...
its proberbly best for your brother to get in touch with your boss himself, I did that with my work experience and they didnt have a problem, but with the other comment, age is a big thing I was only able to do restricted things I was 15 when I did mine with school. good luck, dan

its proberbly best for your brother to get in touch with your boss himself, I did that with my work experience and they didnt have a problem, but with the other comment, age is a big thing I was only able to do restricted things I was 15 when I did mine with school. good luck, dan

Thanks for that, I'm sure I can talk to my boss myself and sort things out accordingly as my bro is 75 miles away (he'd live with me if he did the w/e)

The school are mucking him about so he's not sure if he has the local placement he originally applied for or not!

Archived