Idiots' Guide

Tomo

Oh, just do it.

I've helped with workshops before, and they aren't normally this bad.

- I've even done them to schoolkids at a school in "special measures", and that was fine.

(Although I had to be careful not to let any equipment out of my sight)

We've had a workshop on "Production Managers" run here before, and the guy didn't seem stressed out by it when I had a chat afterwards.

Of course, that kind of workshop doesn't rely on specific equipment!

We did a workshop not so long ago, but it was aimed at young performers to give them an insight into our jobs etc etc

Basically started by showing them different types of lanterns, gel and gave some useless yet interesting facts/jokes. then showed them how the sound works, what feedback is and why it happens, showed them how the foldback works and why they have it.

Finally got one of the singers on stage with no mike or lighting. During the song we introduced the mike, aded some lighting, turned off the house lights and added some smoke to show how much better it looks when you 'point a few lights and add a bit of sound'.

All went home happy and educated!! :)

Archived