Do some of you remember about Avitek?

Bad_Rock

Hey I just went to a classic club outside the city and they were selling lot of their equipment ( some of them never used and was only purchased for back up). They brought the sound system ( some old HDH Peavey's) and the lighting on the late 80's and most of the effects were done by a brand called Abitek ( or Abitak ). All the products says "Made in the UK" and even when they were top of the line at their time they can still be good for mobil dj's or small clubs. I wonder if some of you ever heard of this lighting brand.

Regards.

Hi,

The Company was called Avitec and were a German based company, they produced the Lite Mover and a nice early moon flower effect called the Synchro Flower.

The Lite Mover was one of the first moving mirror projectors and was around the same time as the Clay Paky Golden Scan One, it used a proprietary control protocol, it had 8 fixed gobo's + open 11 colours an iris and a shutter used a HMI575 lamp source.

The Gamma controller was a dedicated touch sensitive control desk that was supplied with the Lite Mover, the desk in my opinion was very intuitive and novices could use it as easily as professionals.

The people that designed and manufactured the Lite Mover have formed a new company called Bubel Electronics.

the web site is http://www.bubel-electronic.de/ click on the history folder.

Chris

I remember Lite Movers and the Gamma controller very well from my days at Zero 88 many many years ago.

The fixtures were pretty good, although all the drive cards would fall out of their slots on the motherboard and blow the driver chips.

The controller was pretty cool as I remember.

I know that one of the projects was to build DMX cards that fitted inside the lid of the fixture so you could use any DMX console not just the Lite Mover one.

Ah, it takes me back....!

• 4 years later...

I know Im only 4 years late on this one, but I used to work for a company called Jasco, in Brimingham. We used to subcontract to Avitec, to install their rigging and equipment.

The guy in charge of Avitec, in Hitchin, was a fella called Tony Kingsley, and there was a rep, and a strange guy called Paul. We was a designer, and used to do the opening light shows at the clubs. He thought he was very good.

Avitec was a UK branch of the German company, who bought in kit, from Germany, and Italy. We fitted everything that Clay Paky made. Anyone remember "The Krypton" a superb centre piece, that cost a fortune.

Archived