C&G2360 is no more

I was looking to take the C&G2360 course and mentioned it when talking to the ABTT office. Apparently they have stopped taking bookings for this course as C&G is meant to be withdrawing the course next year. Has anyone else heard about this to provide further info or to know what is going to replace it instead

• 3 weeks later...

Steve

You are not quite right, the ABTT will stop taking bookings for 2360 as C&G are meant to be replacing it. Unfortunately they don't know what with yet.

The course was supposed to be withdrawn this August past but a 1 year extension has been given, until they do know what else to do. In the meantime the ABTT is taking 'expressions of interest' after the cut off date of Jan 04 in case the C&G have to give another extension.

I should also point out that anyone currently doing 2360 by any means, day release, distance learning etc has until August 2006 to have taken all their exams.

I hope that helps

David Ripley

Vice Chair ABTT training and Education Committee

• 3 weeks later...
I just read your message, and I don't know if you are aware that there is a City and Guilds 1810 Entertainment and Theatre Electricians Course. I have just completed it. There is a place in London that does the course but otherwise I don't know where else it is held. Hope this is of some help.

Archived