ETC Congo

homersignalman

Well if you're coming to it from a Galaxy it will blow your socks off.

My view of it so far (its sitting in the LX box untill I can figure out how to work it!) is don't just take anyones word for how good it is. Borrow one for a week, sitting down for the first time on my own and discovering that the desk thinks in reverse polish notation was.....a shock.

Lots of people are buying them so they must be resonable, but I'm beating my head against mine right now!

Oh and welcome!

sitting down for the first time on my own and discovering that the desk thinks in reverse polish notation was.....a shock.

There must be a way to get around that, though, surely? I mean, no-one works that way these days - not since the Avab Viking!!!!

In the setup menue of all the AVAB (now etc) control desks that "speak backwards" there is option to turn it around from, Chnl-Level-@ to Chnl-@-Level.

With this in place I'm sure you will have many hours of fun....nice set of faders! ;)

In the setup menue of all the AVAB (now etc) control desks that "speak backwards" there is option to turn it around from, Chnl-Level-@ to Chnl-@-Level.

With this in place I'm sure you will have many hours of fun....nice set of faders! ;)

To change the reverse polish notation, press and hold setup and at the same time press @level, allegedly. It was never like this on the Galaxy

You can indeed set it to 'AT' mode, which lets you use normal syntax. But you can still tell its thinking in RPN, and all the comands tend to lean that way, if you know what I mean. I'm working my way through it, but I still want to kill my boss for dumping it on me with no prospect of training till May. Grrrrrr. Might just buy a MagicQ pc wing with my own money and use that! That at least makes sense.

Hi Jeremy. Not yet had time to try and use the desk for more than an hour, let alone call ETC and ask questions. Kind of stuck in a position where I have no choice but to keep using our 520, even though we have spent all this money on the Congo.

Archived