zero88 alcora desk

Matt

we have 2, rather delapadated zero88 alcora desks (delapadated coz they are just left hanging around in a school). whenever we use this desk in "wide" mode, we always experience a stickyness with the desk. and example, a manual fade or channels 1-6, they are meant to dim, but they dont, unless you continously press the "store faders a,.......faders b" button, do any of you have any idea's as to why? and I know a few zero88 members lerk here so no hiding you!

Matt.

There are a few things that I can think of that may be the cause of this.

The most likley is either a fault with the faders or the fader reading circuit.

It may be worth running the front panel test.

If you want to either give me a call direct or drop me an e-mail so I can send you the service manual.

I noticed when you were using the Alcora at our place you seemed to be having the same problems. I also noticed that when in Wide Mode, you ran the desk with both A Master and B Master at 100% (opposite ends of the scale I know :wub:)

I have never had the problem you have described - Try running with only one of the A & B Masters up at a time, and check the Preset Selection butten or whatever it's called. Unless I'm crossfading in wide, I always use Wide, A Faders B Stored.

might just give you a buzz keith...

...regarding your post dan, it still does the same thing regardless what mode it is in, though BOTH of our alcora desks developed this problem about a week after the other, very, needless to say, weird...

Matt.

might just give you a buzz keith...

...regarding your post dan, it still does the same thing regardless what mode it is in, though BOTH of our alcora desks developed this problem about a week after the other, very, needless to say, weird...

Matt.

I wasn't refering to the mode :P I was pointing out that for some reason or another you ALWAYS seem to have A and B Master at 100%. If you have whacked the Preset Control button even once with the A and B masters up, your fader posistions are gonna be locked into the desk and will be output because you have both masters up!

I had the same problem with some Year 9s - as soon as I took the B master down, and put the desk into A FADERS B STORED, everything worked "hunky dory" :wub:

Archived