Midi Cable

Mr.Si

I've been given the task of extending the foot-switch for the guitarist's amp in the band I work with.

He's got a Mesa-boogie Roadstar (I think), and the footswitch for changing channels on the guitar amp connects via a 5 pin din connector - the same as a midi connector.

I'm not going to do the easy option of getting a coupler and a pre-made midi lead, because he doen't want that.

So was basically just wondering if anyone has made their own midi leads before and if so, what's a good cable to use?

I've been to Studiospares.com and vdctrading.com and canford.co.uk but not found much help for the cable side of things.

Much thanks in advance,

Si

Si,

Worth a look at DMX cable, used for lighting. Just check to see if your remote cable uses all 5 pins connected or just 3 like midi, VDC can supply both. They also do a cable with a braided sheild, which if this is being used on stage might be a bonus as it'll stand up to some abuse!

I needed to make a 10m 5pin remote cable and used the VDC DMX Data cable and it worked a treat as its impeadence is garenteed!!

Mark

Archived