Source Glacier Low Fog Machine

Rob the Spark

I currently have a Source Glacier Low Fog Machine (the type that takes 5KG of ice cubes).

In the machine the element in the heat exchanger has failed, which according to the manual is a 'normal' occurrence about every 12 months due to condensation formed around the smoke production nozzle.

This now means I need a replacement element, but I have tried to contact source manufacturing direct with no success, and have tried searching on the Internet. There are no rating markings on the element but I presume it will be 230V and somewhere around 2kW for power. It is a U shaped element approximately 180 x 40 mm overall size, with a pair of M3 stud type connection terminals. I am not bothered about replacing with original parts, just something that will do the same job. This is all said presuming the element itself can be replaced rather than the full heat exchanger. I originally purchased the machine from the Pea Soup Online Storebut by the look of their website they no longer stock any log fog machines. I have found a site which is selling them so you can get an idea of the machine I am referring to Click Here.

Hope someone can help. :)

Archived