• Last Reply

Ok Ricky, before anybody else says it, here we go:

what is the make, model and other details

what are you controlling it with

EXACTLY what does it do, or not do

Does the fault happen all the time or only when you do certain things

give very clear details of what you think might be the problem

then, and only then, we can attempt to give you an answer

As it goes at the moment, you may get an answer such as "is it plugged in?" which doesn't help.

Paul

Um, reverse the polarity of the neutron flow? In other words swap the data on pins 2 and 3 on one plug. There may also be a switch on the controller to do this for you. Look in the manuals to tell you which pin has the + data from the controller, and which pin needs the + data to supply the moving light. Then make sure your lead matches.

"It works on sould" probably means Sound!

<particle physicist>

Neutrons are charge-less particles and do not flow. I think you mean electrons. Strictly speaking, you're talking about inverting the phase, not reversing the flow.

</particle physicist>

Ricky, if you could be a little more specific in your posts, you would recieve a better response, rather than speculations and pedantic comments from people like me...

Hi I posted before about a faulty DMX disco light the light is a la bomba and the problem is that it wont respond to DMX input it will work on the sound input threw a mic but not threw the jack sound input can anyone please help

:( please don't start a new topic just because you can't be bothered to find your old one

Right, a little clearer now.

Still a main question

What are you controlling it of? Ie what is sending the DMX signal? Is it a desk? if so what type? Or is it a USB-DMX?

Are you plugging the mic into the same jack plug on the unit as the other jack input you are trying to use? If so it could be that you are using a mono jack instead of a stereo or vice versa. As for DMX did u get the cable pre made or did you make it yourself?

Rich

Neutrons are charge-less particles and do not flow. I think you mean electrons. Strictly speaking, you're talking about inverting the phase, not reversing the flow.

It was a quote from Jon Pertwee, as the third Doctor Who!

Click me

He probably meant Neutrino rather than Neutron.

And the third Doctor was just talking techno-babble to impress his 'companion'

Oh dear I wish I had never bothered. My brother is the Doctor who fan and at one time when I was having fun getting some moving lights to work, he had one of the programmes on. The Doctor said "reverse the polarity of the neutron flow", just as I realised that the data was the wrong way around. The phrase stuck in my vocab. As has the "Carol-Ann", where a Fresnel light points one way, but the barndoors are pointing the other, so that most of the beam power ends up hitting the barndoor rather than the stage. Ahem, I am going a bit :mods:

As to the OP, have you tried reversing the data?

I will post details of the light tomurow

Right, a little clearer now.

Still a main question

What are you controlling it of? Ie what is sending the DMX signal? Is it a desk? if so what type? Or is it a USB-DMX?

Are you plugging the mic into the same jack plug on the unit as the other jack input you are trying to use? If so it could be that you are using a mono jack instead of a stereo or vice versa. As for DMX did u get the cable pre made or did you make it yourself?

Rich

I am controling it off a small DMX desk details I will have to check but it is a manual desk

Archived