Lighting Desk for this application?

dave singleton

Hi

I work it out on the spec u described to be approx 255 channels

My advice would be to make sure that the local desk (300) has enough channels ( the software version is not really an issue)

If the desk has less than 300 channels then I would look at hiring something which the person who is going to programme the desk can cope with

It may be possible to hire a 350ch/350att 500 series strand desk with the latest 2.8.6 software on it....

Baz

Opera North

ps remember you can turn unused control channels into att channels on a strand desk

I work it out on the spec u described to be approx 255 channels

DMX Channels, yes.

Control channels ,no.

All Strand 300/500 series will address at least one universe (most more) of 512 DMX channels.

Control channels are DIFFERENT to DMX channels. Each fixture should only need a single Control Channel with the points (ie. 54.1)being attributes of the control channel.

As per my calculations previously, this should fit easily under 100 control channels, which is within the OP's spec.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave

You say I would prefer to steer clear of the Zero88 Leap Frog/Bull Frog?

any specific reason for this?

I have just recently purchased a Bull frog desk for an intensive Dance show using 72 channels conventional and 12 buckets ( Giotto's , X spots) and a Unique hazer with good results, it copes well well against a Hog 1k ( which has crashed regularly with the amount of ques/ pace we put in) and from what I have seen using a strand 300 recently I wouldnt go there.... and a strand 520 would not be a great leap forward

what is youre gripe against Zero 88... I am genuinley interested am I missing somthing?

ferg

[EDIT]Excess quoting removed.

You say I would prefer to steer clear of the Zero88 Leap Frog/Bull Frog?

any specific reason for this ?

... what is youre gripe against Zero 88... I am genuinley interested am I missing somthing?

I am also interested in your reasons or comments :)

Archived