Looking For A New Desk

DSA

Perhaps u could try this:

Behringer MX2442A Mixing Console with 4 Sub Groups, 6 sends (2 switchable), 4 band EQ. etc, etc, etc. all the usual bits n pieces on a reasonably priced desk.

you should be looking at around 500 GBP for this.

2x large diaphragm condensers (any of the one's people have suggested previously would be great)

2x Boom stands to go with the condensors (stagg or proel will do fine)

2x PZM Mics (audio technica or sure do some nice ones, but im not sure on current pricing for these as I havent bought any for a while)

All you need now is a recording medium and the relevant leads.

If you wer to purchase a multi track recorder (outboard) at a substantial cost you could use the sub groups on the desk to route each mic to its own group and have individual control on each track, providing after recording mixing so u can add ur effects here if needed altho in a church u definatly wont need any reverb at all!

You could however record straight onto ur portable md with a mini jack insert lead from the main out on the desk to the line in on your md.

I have got very proffessional recordings for degree level exam entry with this method quite successfully.

I hope this helps.

Archived