Cheap Accomodation in Stratford upon Avon - Can anyone help???

agermich

Hi all

Is there anyone here who can help me to find some cheap accomodation in stratford-upon-avon? I've recently organised a 6 week work placement with the Lighting department at the RSC for between the 3rd April and the 12th May but I'm having problems with accomodation. I already spoke to the woman who is in charge of their digs list on thursday and she assured me that she would get back to me within a couple of days with some numbers unfortunatly when I rang up to day to speak to her I found out that she has gone on holiday until the 13th :) . If there is anybody here who could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mike

OK firstly a phrase that doesn't exist - cheap accomodation and Stratford upon Avon.

If you have a car and don't mind a 10-20 minute commute I reccomend looking in Coventry or Warwick or Leamington Spa - Coventry being the cheapest.

The time you are looking at is in the University Vacation at Coventry and University of Warwick so Coventry should have some accomodation available. If you really want to stay in Stratford there is a Youth Hostel not far out of town where I used to stop, when I used to visit Stratford as a teenager but don't have the details anymore I am afraid.

The RSC digs list is usually pretty good but if you still struggle PM me and I will see if I can find anything locally.

Steve

Hi There

Thanks for the reply. I've got somewhere to stay now, I got in touch with someone who rents out student accommodation. Its in house about a mile from the theatre. I'm payin £70 a week which isn't too bad but then I do have to stay with 5 students who I've never met?! :D

Mike

The time you are looking at is in the University Vacation at Coventry and University of Warwick so Coventry should have some accommodation available.
Actually at Warwick we go back on the 19th of April, aside from which the university accommodation would probably be horrendously expensive, and the student accommodation will probably be lived in.

I'm payin £70 a week which isn't too bad but then I do have to stay with 5 students who I've never met?! :D
We're not all that bad, and a lot of us seem to keep similar hours to technical types, or maybe that's because I'm both?

PN

Archived