New Speaker - 4 or 8 Ohm???

big-ben

Isn't always the way that what seems a simple question turns into a nightmare. :D Perhaps I should come at this from a different angle. You can see above the amp I have and it's specs. I need a new set of speakers to go with it. I need them for disco use. I have looked at berhringer, soundlab, skytec, kam and gemini but it's so confusing so any advice would be appreciated. I've got a budget of £200-£250 for the pair.

Saw these on ebay. Comments please???

The Peavey Messenger full range PRO15 speaker cabinet

250 Watts RMS continuous, 500 Watts program, 1000 Watts peak

4 Ohms

15'' (381mm) speaker

1'' (25mm) Compression driver

Dispersion: 90° x 40°

Frequency response: 50 Hz - 22 kHz

Efficiency: 98dB

Two 1/4'' (6.35mm) jack and two Neutrik® Speakon® sockets

Full range with high frequency limiter

Resilient carpet covered

Silver steel grille

Steel stand adaptor

Teardrop handles

Made in the UK

Height: 25.6'' (650mm) Width: 18.1'' (460mm) Depth: 15.4'' (390mm)

Weight: 48.5lbs (22kg)

I would recommend the peavy gear any day. Although not a top of the range brand, they are even competition for my JBL cabs. I really do like them. I do even have a pair of peavy subs which I love to bits, but they arnt very good at giving out bass at low levels. that shouldn't be a problem for you as you are buying the tops, not subs.

HTH

Rich

** laughs out loud ** :P Good luck! I used them in a fair sized budgetish rig for rock concert a few months ago. Very impressed by quality, not a hiss of distortion over the whole system. I would have thought they will be perfect for discos, its what my subs are used for, an boy does the bass get commented on!

Rich

Archived