Video Not Just For Vidots!

mark b

Just finished the qav open day. A few fine toys exhibited by various suppliers. Martin audio bought their new baby line array cabinets. Although I have not heard them I should think they live up to the companies usual standard. They certainly look the part. loaded with 8"lf 8"mf and a horn. Same size as the offerings form nexo and mayer. It's not officially launched yet so we shall have to wait to hear it.

The other impressive piece of kit was high ends catalyst. The moving head is good and will be a useful tool for LD's. The whole idea that you can have full colour video projected on scenery anywhere on stage I think would be a real boon. The cost I think will put it beyond most theater venues although allot of our conference clients were impressed with the capabilities of the unit. The moving head is only one part of the thing though. The media server is the impresive piece of kit. We were running a hog2 controlling mac 2000 ,2000performance and mac2000 wash. This enabled us to have several scenes and change the video state as well. No fiddling with tapes ans switchers , no latency in the fade cue either ;) . With a little fiddling we also managed to use it to animate holding slides and various other still images. All in all dead impressed. Should be seing the new version of the software soon. Four layer video mixing and dual output :blink: !

Now here is the question Should this be in the av forum or the lighting forum? are we starting to see the two merge? Who cares it's cool!? Any thoughts?

Archived