Alarm Lights

andpuds

We're doing Orton's "What the Butler Saw" here in Leicester in early november, and the director, in a flash of creative genius, wants as many rotating alarm lights as possible. I've looked around to try to hire them, but the only companies nearby seem to have two or three lights. Does anyone know where I could get hold of about 15 -20, or does anyone have any they would be prepared to hire/loan out to us?

or are you after the type of light that you see on motorway vehicles, the oraneg things that rotate light? you can get them in all sorts of colours now, red, orange, yeallow, green, blue and purple are the ones I know of, check out the maplin website, they should have some there under the disco section I think, but thats only if you want to buy them...

www.maplin.co.uk

Matt.

or are you after the type of light that you see on motorway vehicles, the oraneg things that rotate light?

Um matt afaiui that is a fuzz light :blink:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/media/mediumimages/28573i0.jpg

If it is the "fuzz lights" you are after you might be able to find a friendly local automobile electrical supplier who might be able to lend them to you. Most of the ones they sell are 12volt, but a suitable transformer would power them.

I hear that if you're in Birmingham, the trick was to pull up alongside those Volvos with the disco effect roofbar and remove it while stopped at traffic lights. It may well be "Urban Myth", but it sure sounds like a good one! :blink:

birmingham?? I thought it was liverpool, or is that just the wheels?? hmmm. fuzz lights, alson known as rotar (spelling?) beacons... not very bright, would advise advising the director not to use them... = pile of Sh :blink: te!! used them a few times on various gigs and projects, and the designer's always been disapointed with the end results

Archived