Hand Held Smoke?

Fiona

Anyone know of some kind of smoke pellet that can be held by an actor to look as if their hand is smoking......sure I have heard of something that would do this over the years, but can't think of what it was or how it works??

Any takers??

have a look at some magic shop websites (cant think of any off hand) they somtimes have a smoke pellet that is dropped to produce smoke, if this is squeezed hard it doesd the same thing.

out of interest, why do you want the hand to smoke?

out of interest, why do you want the hand to smoke?

Written in the script that one of the characters holds their hand over something and their hand starts to smoke.......director would really like it in the perf if possible - can't think of a way round it at the moment!!

have you ever had a chimney sweep around your house?

they have a "smoke in a bottle" which they use to test the updraft of the chimney, what I was thinking you could do, is run a little tube from it to the wrist and then when the smoke is required have the bottle somewhere on the actors body where they can squeeze it without being seen????

only an idea... open to modifcations of course

Matt.

• 2 weeks later...

Fiona

Ther is such a thing as a 'TINY FOGGER' manufactered in Germany by 'Look Solutions' check out their website Look Solutions. I've used this unit to great effect. It may be just what you're looking for. It's available to hirefrom a hire company close to Gloucester. If your'e interested, send me a private message.

"smoke in a bottle"

I have used this before and it worked quite well (no budget so could not afford a better solution) but be aware of COSHH regulations regarding it. Some of these products contain some quite nasty chemicals.

Archived