Dmx Dissolve Unit For 35mm Slide Projectors

stebee

good point, I'd forgotten about transvideo. that would be a better way to go if its available. however I fear that getting a transvideo machine and a projector if on a tight budget might be a tad more difficult than finding a dissolve unit..........

stick them into powerpoint or something similar.

quite a few modern lcd projectors will accept flash cards these days, has anyone used one for work/play at all? any comments

ste

Just a word of warning. If you plan to project large images don't go for a VHS output scanner. I've seen it done and it sucks. 400 lines or so, compared to a slides definition....No contest!

Further, Martin did say he was rear projecting, so the noise issue is less relevant.

Have a look at Dataton, they should have something in their line-up, but it's not cheap stuff!!

People elswhere are singing the praises of Sparks Theatrical, so I'll join in - they hired me a kodak (can't remember which model) carousel for a (don't tell them I said this) ridiculously low amount of money compared to other lighting companies I talked to. It wasn't very bright, but we were front-projecting with a variety of throw distances and the old fashioned slide bit was part of the effect. don't know about disslove units though, but worth a phone call I should think.

Archived