bss limiters

barryprior

please please can anybody explain how to set the limiters on my bss fds 320/340 or let me know where I can get a manual from ? ? ?

Thought the 340 limiters were set by a little grub screw next to each channel on the front panel...?

http://www.nottinghamtec.co.uk/~jp/ebay/IMGP0155.JPG

the line from the limiter light to TH (threshold) set points to it..?

Not sure for the 320 but thought it was the same?

.p.

turn it up as loud as you want it to go, then adjust the screw so the red light is on. its a multi turn screw so you may have to do a number of complete revolutions to set it.

also bare in mind that they are not that great limiters, they don't give absolute protection like modern limiters might

Set up properly a BSS limiter will outstrip most modern limiting . The 360 esp` gives a very smooth ANALOGUE limiting and no harsh digital clip etc etc ...?

"Turn it up as loud as you want to go"...? you the dj or the guitarist..?

If you can get thru` the technician talk then this article is a start...Gain structure on psw

.p.

turn it up as loud as you want it to go, then adjust the screw so the red light is on. its a multi turn screw so you may have to do a number of complete revolutions to set it.

also bare in mind that they are not that great limiters, they don't give absolute protection like modern limiters might

thanks everyone all very helpfull

Archived