1950s Restaurant Kitchen Lights

Ben

hey I have to do a bit of research into a basement kitchen of a restaurant circa 1950, the designer has decided to bring in some light boxes on the ceiling that would take the place of the modern florescent tubes, my question is does anyone know what sort of light they would have been? would it have been florescent tubes or would it have been some sort of other source?

also any ideas on how to build these for as little as possible?, they have to be able to be hung on drifts as it is to create a false impression on a low ceiling, they will not be the main source of light and only really need to "glow". also I much have control over them from the desk and they must be dimmable.

any help and ideas much apretiated,

thanks

Ben

even though I am 17, I'd take a guess as to them being incandescent, the likes of which you would buy in a hardware shop or something. try watching some 50's based films with kitchens in, maybe you'll get some idea's there :blink:

...you should really make use of the built in spell checker sometimes...

...you should really make use of the built in spell checker sometimes...

As a frequent offender can I say that I frequently can't use it as on a 17" 1280x1024 monitor it is unreadable.

Not a complaint as I should probably get a bigger monitor but an excuse anyhow.

James

yes you should have said, though it had nothing to do with what this post is about.

that is a good idea to go look around that place, intuative indeed... I still say incandescants though, dont you?

Archived