Smoke/ Haze Info

mazfg

I have a smoke machine (Antari F-70) and a Powerfog Hydrahaze junior Haze machine.

Both machines use different fluids but both look like they similarly produce the smoke/ haze in the same way.

I just wondered if anyone new if I put the haze fluid in my smoke machine I'd get haze out of it??? And likewise for the smoke fluid in the haze machine???

Thanks,

Mazz

a hazer evaporates the fluid using a heating element, and when the fuild is blown past it, there is a chemical reaction which turns it to have....? maybe

the fluids are thicker on one type or the other I think, if they aren't and its just me, the have a different chemical makeup then... :S

Im not 100% clued up on this but as of all the various hazers and smoke machines I've dealt with smoke machines heat the the liquid were as some hazers use cracked oil or cheaper one use a thin fluid heat and pump it past fans. But im pretty certain that they use different fluid.

Josh

Another thing I would add (just in case anyone was thinking of trying it)

Flambar is not smoke fluid

Flambar is not nice when put in a smoke machine

I wouldn't recomend anyone tries it. It doesn't work.

(not my fnest hour...)

OK OK OK - It's a long story.

Can't tell the full story but imagine a dark stage, with a dark shelf of 5l clear plastic bottles of smoke fluid in the wings by the dimmers.

Imagine running out of fluid half way through the event and having to run over and fill up from one of those 5l bottles...........

Except one of the 5l bottles wasn't exactly smoke fluid........

James

You have us intrigued now, James... what exactly happens when you heat flamecheck? Not a lot, I would hope...

Disapointingly enough nothing,

I just assumed that when the SL machine had run dry before I re-filled it It had somehow become clogged so ran the rest of the show on the SR one.

It's only when I got house lights up I found a funny residue out of the front of the machine and I was not a nice person to speak to when I discovered that a bottle of flambar had been put on the shelf with the smoke fluid. (in an identical bottle with identicaly posiotioned white lables)...

The worst thing is I can't be sure it wasn't me that put the flambar up there.

BTW the machine wasn't too much the worse for wear after it's misadventure.

I discovered that a bottle of flambar had been put on the shelf with the smoke fluid. (in an identical bottle with identicaly posiotioned white lables)

You mean you would actually have had to read the label to know what was in each bottle? That's ridiculous! What were they thinking? ;) :D

P.S. Remind me not to let you cook for me when you're in a hurry :D :D :D

Archived