wicker basket

smeggie

evening all,

I'm after a huge [ big enough to hold a man ] wicker/ straw basket [ the kind you used to see all over for laundry] for a show on at the back end of feburary, I've looked all over but for some reason they're fairly rare now.

if any of you kind people have any kicking around, and wouldnt mind it being used for a show next month, could you please let me know as soon as poss.

thanks for your time.

andrew clunie

evening all,

if any of you kind people have any kicking around, and wouldnt mind it being used for a show next month, could you please let me know as soon as poss.

I have one I'm using to store some material in at the moment - where abouts are you? I Might be able to persuade the head of Drama to let you borrow it for the show (depending of course where you are). It would need to be collected as I have no means of geting it anywhere (don't drive you see... allways a problem!)

there used to be a company who advertised wicker laundry baskets in the classifieds in "the stage", but I've a feeling they are long gone. For big baskets, it may be worth contacting hot-air balloon makers or operators, as I believe they still use this material for lightness and strength.

• 4 weeks later...

evening all, just to polish off the topic and possibly help those in future that are after the same thing

I found one that was of the appropriate size - 4 feet long by 3 feet on all other dimensions.

this was from - Theme Traders in cricklewood. it wasn't cheap at all [80 pounds for 2 weeks with a minimum hire value of 125. but it's perfect and we got some other bits thrown in to make up the excess.

very friendly team there.

thanks to all for ideas nonetheless.

yours

Andrew Clunie

And again... for future reference... I once looked high and low for one, until the days the costumes, from bristol arrived - and guess what in!

One phonecall later just to make sure that the basket was happy to appear on stage, and we were away!

So try your costume hire compnay before getting to stressed out.

I'm glad you found one!

Archived