setting up Robo pro 400 (DMX)

buttercreamt

Hi room, hope someone can help.....I have robo 400 and a Martin Freekie and am trying to set up the light for DMX control....As I,m just starting out I have a few problems...

Daft as it may seem I cant find a simple diagram ( etc ) to assign my pro 400 channels... I believe in DMX 1 mode dimmer is on channel 2... colour wheels on 3 and 4........ As yet I cant get anything from the light.....nada ziltch....can anyone help this hopeless fellow...

Also as I understand it if using two martin products (pins 2/3 reversed) I can use standard XLR cable...etc.... ! as both 2 and 3 pins correct themselves. ! sorry for the garbled question ...

Malcolm :) .

Also as I understand it if using two martin products (pins 2/3 reversed) I can use standard XLR cable...etc.... ! as both 2 and 3 pins correct themselves. ! sorry for the garbled question ...

On many Martin units pins 2 & 3 are reversed, which means that you need to find/make a phase inverting cable - a standard mic cable won't do this.

You simply need a cable where:

CONSOLE == MARTIN

. PIN 1 == PIN 1

. PIN 2 == PIN 3

. PIN 3 == PIN 2

. PIN 4 == Not Connected

. PIN 5 == Not Connected

I usually make these about 2-3 feet long as that gives me enough length to tape the join out of the way, while still being short enough to avoid confusing it with anything else in the lighting store.

Obviously if your DMX system is already 3 pin then you ignore pins 4 and 5.

Thanks people for that.... I talked to Martin today and the helpful chap informed me that the newer lighting stuff (MX-1/4/10..... all the mac stuff.. etc ) use conventional 3 pin configuration now .. was news to me ... well that sorts that out then...

Once again thanks.

buttercreamt :( .

Archived