Wysiwyg and interfaces

martin b

Hi,

I know this has been up before, but couldnt find what I was looking for, I woul like to connect my enttec usb device to my wysiwyg, but is that possibly, if yes, how?

I have heard something about converting the DMX signal to artnet and then get it into wysiwyg, but anybody that can tell me how?

woul like to connect my enttec usb device to my wysiwyg, but is that possibly, if yes, how?

Having not seen this device before it is hard to say without having some more information on the product. If you can post a link to the product you have that will be helpful.

I will say that it will ONLY work if CAST have written drivers for it.

In the meantime I would imagine that you need to go to the Live part of Wysiwyg and from the device manager select your device, (There is only one device listed under Enttec.) You will then need to bind the output with the universes in your drawing. I would imagine that there is somewhere to list an IP address as well. I doubt very much whether this will be in the box marked Address under device manager, this is generally used for somthing else) Once this is done click on connect.

Of course this device may have a completely different way of connecting so if you canget me more details, it would be useful.

Kind Regards

Andy

I thought of that, but in my device manager, I dosnet says enttec anywhere...

Is it because my wysiwyg is too old? can I update that driver part without having to reregister to cast?

Oh, of course this is the product I am talking of: http://www.enttec.com/opendmxusb.php?PHPSE...029bb7f08cde3c7

I have a dmx2esp program that seems to work with the dongle, can I use that to anything?

I thought of that, but in my device manager, I dosnet says enttec anywhere...

Is it because my wysiwyg is too old? can I update that driver part without having to reregister to cast?

If the device is not listed in Wysiwyg, it will not work, What version / Release of Wysiwyg are you running?

You will not be able to update the device list without renewing your subscription if it has expired.

An Enttec device does appear in the R15 device manager.

Kind Regards

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
I have a dmx2esp program that seems to work with the dongle, can I use that to anything?
I think I remember reading somewhere that you can use the dmx2esp software to interface with it. Presumably Wysiwyg supports esp natively, or through a different Enttec product, but I don't know to be honest, I've not tried.

Hope this is of some help

PN

Archived