Lantern mounting bracketing ???

PeterGillham

We are an Am Dram group using a Church hall for small productions. We currently use TBars for mounting most of our front of house lanterns but these are not very sturdy and are easilly moved (knocked) between productions etc.

I am trying to locate some type of brackets/small rigging that we can attach to the walls of the hall to hand the lanterns from making the mounting less likely to move once set up.

My problem is that I dont know what to search for (I.e what such brackets might be called ) otherwise I wouldnt be bother this ( very) useful group.

Can anyone help please ?

funny you should ask, I got assistance from a blue room member trying to get the name of some fixings which I came across in a club a few months back.

its called unistrut made by tyco, it cant take serious weight so check the specs for what you need and it will be right up your street.

alternatively if you get a qualified person in you could have rigging points installed and hang truss etc using steels?

Mark

are these FOH bars vertical or horizontal? If horizontal, you there are various items for such purpose, to give you a scaff run a couple of feet out from the wall, so you can just hang lanterns with hookclamps.

If it is to be vertical, again mount a scaff run close to the wall and use scaff arms where you need them to hang from.

http://www.doughty-engineering.co.uk/theatre/products.htm

have a look around there for some ideas.

Bear in mind that any new hanging positions will need to be tested to ensure safety etc.

are these FOH bars vertical or horizontal? If horizontal, you there are various items for such purpose, to give you a scaff run a couple of feet out from the wall, so you can just hang lanterns with hookclamps.

If it is to be vertical, again mount a scaff run close to the wall and use scaff arms where you need them to hang from.

http://www.doughty-engineering.co.uk/theatre/products.htm

have a look around there for some ideas.

Bear in mind that any new hanging positions will need to be tested to ensure safety etc.

Ah ! Thanks I had seen Doughty stuff mentioned somewhere but couldnt find them on a search.

Archived