Getting Work

Appolgies if this has been covered before...

Basically, I am part of a small hire company, and most of our work is disco orientated, for various events, some corporate. We have built up a decent collection of equipment, including 14 Macs, a good inventory of truss, 5k of EV etc.

I would really like to start going into the live lighting, small concerts etc. I can hire equipment in relatively cheap, and have had a fair bit of experience with general crewing, desk operating and spotting etc.

My question is, how would you start go about looking for this kind of work? How do you find the promoters / event organisers to contact?

Any advice greatly appriciated.

Jamie

Guest lightnix
Appolgies if this has been covered before...

:mods: - You're right: it has been covered already and very thoroughly at that. Have a dig through the Training & Qualifications forum with the Search function and you'll find an abundance of advice on how to promote yourself and gain experience :) If, having done that, you have any remaining questions, then feel free to post them.

In the meantime...

:blink: :D :lock:

...topic closed as an FAQ.

Archived