Martin SCX 500/600 and 2308

CornishLampie

Hello I have just bought a Martin 2308 controller and I was just asking if I can use it with the Martin SCX 500 or 600 if not then what scanners with rotating gobos can I use it with. Do the SCX 500 and 600 have 8 bit steppers or 16 bit. By the Martin video on there site they look like 16 bit but I'm not sure.

Thanks for the help

Dan

The software version on the controller affects what can be controlled IIRC. Older versions only do the older lights but newer software can control newer models but not some of the older ones.

Do newer ones transmit DMX and/or RS485 or do they all just do RS485?

I may be talking rubbish but I think this is the case

The Martin Support and Service Site may be of some use - all the manuals to refer to.

HTH

I used to use a martin 2308 controller and as far as I know you can only use the specific martin fixtures that the software supports,its quite an old controller so it mainly only supports discontinued products,it also depends what software version its using.

software version 2.1 supports

Roboscan 804/805

Roboscan 812

Roboscan 1004/1005

Roboscan 1016

Roboscan Pro 218

Robocolor

Robocolor II

Robocolor MSD 200

Robozap

Robozap MSR 1200

Centrepiece

Martin 516, 16 channel 0-10 V

dimmer controller

Version 3.1 supports

Roboscan 804/805

Roboscan 812

Roboscan 1004/1005

Roboscan Pro 218

Roboscan Pro 518

Robocolor II

Robocolor Pro 400

The software version is wrote on the sticker on the back and on a chip on the main pcb inside.

Its a good little controller and mine still works after years of abuse but its not DMX(RS485 I think) and you are quite limited to what you can run off it,unless im very mistaken im sure it was discontinued a long time ago even before martin made their first mac.

Heres the manual http://www.12inch.de/ls/martin_2308.pdf

Hope this is of some use to you.

Ian

The 2510 controller can control most martin products (if not all) and can be programmed easily via light jockey. You can download light jockey for free from the Martin website. Although you cannot use it "live" without the DMX converter dongle you can download to 2510 with a simple serial lead.

Thom

Archived