Get in / Fit Up?

Bennage

The "get-in" is the actual loading in of equipment/scenery/etc from a truck into the venue, whereas the "fit-up" is the build period from empty stage to full set. However "get-in" can commonly be used to cover the whole period as well. "Fit-up" is particularly for in-house productions where nothing is actually "got-in" to the venue as it's already on site. At least, that's how I use the terms. The opposites being "strike" and "get-out".

Guest lightnix

:rolleyes: - Topic moved, please ensure etc., etc...

...the "fit-up" is the build period from empty stage to full set...
Not to be confused with a "stitch-up", although it can sometimes turn into one :unsure:

I assume "get in" and "fit up" are the analogous as the aussy terms "load in" and "bump in". Bump-in is usually the name of the period where you get everything and shove it into the space and set it up. It may or may not encompass the unloading of the trucks. Load-in is simply moving things from truck to theatre.

The "get-in" is the actual loading in of equipment/scenery/etc from a truck into the venue, whereas the "fit-up" is the build period from empty stage to full set. However "get-in" can commonly be used to cover the whole period as well.

e.g. You may say "I'm called tomorow for a get-in" but the actual scedule might say "9.00 - 10.30 get-in; 11.00 - 1.00 fit-up; 2.00 - 3.30 LX focus...." etc. Thus "get-in" is used to mean both the whole process and the specific unloading from truck and loading into venue.

Sounds like it should be a little confusing, but it rarely is! :mods:

Archived