Jump to content

Using Music.


Recommended Posts

If I want to use a track of music (in this case by The KLF) in a show where an entry fee is being charged - do I need to to contact the band/producers to tell them I am using it and/or pay royalties. What sort of cost would a track be (in royalties)?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You'll most likely have to contact the Performing Rights Society . You are likely to have to get in touch with the Phonegraphic Performance Limited and maybe also the Mechanical Copyright Protection Society


Note that using the track as part of the production will require a different licence to using it as incidental music, such as pre-show or interval music.


Some colleges have, I believe, a blanket licence that allows for a time limit of copyrighted material, 25 minutes say, for an educational aspect.


Read through the web-sites.


The theatre manager for the venue may also be able to help you



Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.