Smallest/ Cheapest Theatrical Console

sam.henderson

Do you want the command line to be with a dedicated keypad?

Otherwise you can also get all kinds of software solutions including:

- MagicQ with a simple wing/usb-DMX (depending on your needs you may even be able to use something that doesn't unlock the sw)

- MA onPC with a node

If you do want a dedicated keypad then some options are:

- MagicQ Maxi wing, MQ60/50

- MA onPC command wing

- Zero88 Jester TLXtra (or Orb/Frog2)

- software that will work with the enttec program wing (you will need other devices for the DMX signal since the wing won't do it)

- ETC consoles "higher" then the smartfade series all have CLI

As JDLX says it really depends on your budget....

//I should have looked at the orginal date on the posts, I was reading the first page and wondering why no-one was mentioning all the excellent sw we have out there these days I only noticed the topic was so old after I posted....

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

//I should have looked at the orginal date on the posts, I was reading the first page and wondering why no-one was mentioning all the excellent sw we have out there these days I only noticed the topic was so old after I posted....

Well spotted! I think perhaps MagicQ didn't exist then!

MA 2 OnPC Command Wing...

About £3,500.00 list price (and nobody Ever pays list ;) ) at the time of writing.....

In an educational setting, I would argue that at that price, its the perfect console, with exactly the sort of programming tools available within it that future lampies will be needing to know.

Cheers

Smiffy

Archived