CCE

Gareth A

As some of you may have read Clear Channel Entertainment otherwise known as CCE has finally split away from its parent company. What will that mean for the theatres....... who knows!! Anyone know anything more........ From what I heard from a little source who was once one of the board of the former Apollo division that they are going to sell off a lot of the smaller theatres and concentrate on the bigger theatres and also production and touring..... god forbid if thats the truth as there is going to be a bidding war for theatres thats never been seen before!!

Guest lightnix

Hopefully they will be snapped up by other theatrical businesses, although I'm sorry to say that I can see some ending up being turned into clubs and the like, or demolished to make way for commercial developments ;)

[/ pessimism]

Yes scary times are ahead. But beware........... being a old Apollo/CCE employee which had its theatre taken over by a unmentionable management, they lost all but about 5 full time staff as the new management were absolutely awful. So yes people say CCE are the worst to work for but I promise you they are not.! But who knows perhaps they will decide to keep it intact just to stay the biggest uk theatre company.

Currently work for CCE, and have no complaints. Arrived at current venue 18 months ago and found most equipment at best derelict, and at worst downright dangerous, all of which was down to the previous regimes neglect. All problems have been addressed promptly and properly, and I have always received full and robust back-up when dealing with any issues. OK they may represent all things corperate that many of us find hard to swallow, but as I said, I for one have no complaints.

Forgot to add, now to be called "Live Nation".

Archived