X-Connect

b1nuzz

Hi Guys

Couple of questions. Looking at strand x-connect as a xmas pressie. Can someone xplain it to me better than the website does. Will it be able to communicate with WYSIWYG, and can you literally use it as if it was the lx desk? And also, where can I buy it from? Any help on the software will be wicked.

Cheers Guys

Ben

XConnect is (presently) only a remote monitoring/control system for the 500 series and 300 series desks. It doesn't do anything more than display the monitor windows and allow you to emulate desk commands from your PC keyboard. For WYSIWYG links, you'll need to ask Strand... AFAIK, the 500 series outputs a networked signal, so it would just be a case of having the correct drivers for WYSIWYG... pretty sure they exist, somewhere.

For buying XConnect, talk to your local Strand rep.

Its most useful (IMHO) as a designers remote, meaning that the LD can look at the screens from their laptop in the auditorium. I tend to use it for noting down cue numbers and channel numbers in my notes during dress rehersals, which speeds up the re-plot. Can also be useful for focussing, if you don't have a remote. The keyboard shortcuts take a bit of getting used to, but once you've grasped them, they're pretty logical.

Hi

I use X-Connect all the time

We tour to different venues all over the country and find it very usefull for patching FOH

It means im not running round the building to get to the desk to do one patch or to see what is what it can all be done from the stage on a laptop....

I also use a wifi connection so there is no need for any cables anywhere which means if I was daft I could have it at the top of the scope (I wouldnt recoomend this)...

The price I beleive is about £120 ish at that price it is well worth it

cheers

Baz

Opera North

:)

Archived