WYSIWYG

b1nuzz

Hi there

We have FINALLY had our new 520i delivered, and it has come with WYSIWYG CE. I have tried installing it onto my laptop but at about 80% installation, it fails. It loads on my home PC but obvioulsy this is no-where near my console. The CE edition, will not work unless it is connected to a desk? is that correct? and also, any idea why it wont load on my laptop? AND, as it has to be plugged to the console, does that mean I cant preplot on it?

Cheers guys

Ben

Hi there

We have FINALLY had our new 520i delivered, and it has come with WYSIWYG CE. I have tried installing it onto my laptop but at about 80% installation, it fails. It loads on my home PC but obvioulsy this is no-where near my console. The CE edition, will not work unless it is connected to a desk? is that correct? and also, any idea why it wont load on my laptop? AND, as it has to be plugged to the console, does that mean I cant preplot on it?

Cheers guys

Ben

Don't know why it won't install, you would probably have to talk to Cast.

However, it doesn't have to be connected to the console, the only difference between CE and the full edition as far as I am aware is that on CE you can't import DXFs, you can't print and you don't have auto patch.

I spoke to Cast and they said helpfully, " its a laptop problem... bye".

However, it doesn't have to be connected to the console

This is good news, although when I managed to get it to install on my home PC it tried to open and then said it had to terminate because the desk wasnt there.

thanks for the help tho

Ben

I spoke to Cast and they said helpfully, " its a laptop problem... bye".

However, it doesn't have to be connected to the console

This is good news, although when I managed to get it to install on my home PC it tried to open and then said it had to terminate because the desk wasnt there.

thanks for the help tho

Hi Ben,

just saw the Post.

Can't believe what Cast said, as they are usually always helpful and have good support. Make sure your laptop HDD is NTFS Formatted, as WYSIWYG will only install on NTFS Formatted disks, because there are too many files in the "Library" folder for FAT...

Which OS is your Laptop running?

Do not hesitate to contact me at d(dot)hessberger(at) bright(dot)de and I will be more than willing to help you with your issue...!

I *believe* you need to connect the Console just for the first time you open up WYSIWYG. At least I think it is like that with the Hog3... Am not sure about this because we never really used CE and upgraded our dongle to a perform unlimited quite soon!

Hope that helps.

take care,

Denis Hessberger

Hi there

Ben.

Call me at AC Lighting if you are still having problems with the install. We are the support agents for CAST in the UK. Check out Denis's comments as well as this has been known to cause issues just like you are reporting.

Kind Regards

Andy

Archived