Analog Video Input To Pc

Matt

dunno wether you can still get them, but I need a pci card that has the old analog style video connections on it, s-video in and out and video in/out

needed for editing of stock footage to be projected onto screen on stage

hmmmm not really seeing as I jhave a 256mb ddr 9200.

what I want it mainly an analogue input so I can record footage to edit using adobe premiere. also having problems getting that to output the monitor onto the s-video out on my card, anyone who can help with that?

For a analog input you cant really beat one of the win TV range.

As far as the output goes, are you trying to output to the monitor and a TV or projector? If so check the set up of the adapter - you need it configerd to clone.

If all else fails you could always resort to RTFM.

on adobe you have a monior window which you look at to see what your final print will be like. I want my pc to output just that onto s-video so I can record onto tape, I have spent countless hours over the past 3 weeks searching through all of the settings, changing, reconfiguring them all, all to no avail. I think I might need a ADC like my media studies editing pc at school. (cost a lot, damn)

I use a pinnacle DV500 card, was about £600 but came with premiere, has composite, Svideo and DV in and out, and does a lot of the processing on board, so that the avi files are smaller and a lot of the effects do not need rendering, or can render real time, meaning previewing if massively quicker.

This is better than using a normal graphics card video out, as it is able to output just the preview monitor, as well as do some clever things!

Richard

Archived