Stagecraft

Pattern123

Just to highlight what I posted yesterday that Stagecraft in Salisbury has gone into Liquidation and is no longer trading. I have spoken to a couple of people today who were not aware and had kit booked or on quote and were unaware. If anyone did have a booking, I'd suggest they look elsewhere ASAP.

Having (unfortunately) become a creditor of Stagecraft, I have been in contact with various (ex) members of staff. I'd suggest that anyone with a hire booked, doesn't give up all hope and get in touch with them. I believe some of the middle managers, and very long standing members of staff are hoping to take over the hire stocks and maintain as many of the existing jobs as possible.

What a shame to see one of the biggest companies in this locality go down the pan.

Bad times.

N

• 2 weeks later...
Stagecraft is up and running under new managment and is trading as Stagecraft Technical Services

All phone numbers are the same and all hire and sales will go ahead as normal

That might have been the intention but they must have problems. The web site has gone down and there has been no response to the phone for two days. Furthermore an email sent last Friday after a successful telephone contact has gone unanswered.

Anybody know anything?

Stagecraft is up and running under new managment and is trading as Stagecraft Technical Services

All phone numbers are the same and all hire and sales will go ahead as normal

That might have been the intention but they must have problems. The web site has gone down and there has been no response to the phone for two days. Furthermore an email sent last Friday after a successful telephone contact has gone unanswered.

Anybody know anything?

I'm getting the same thing, tried to talk about a confirmed hire order but have gone elsewhere after ringing for 2 days with no answer. website is also still down. Have been let down badly on this but I guess others are in the same boat

Guess the rescue bid was unsuccessful...........

If anyone else has kit booked with these guys, either lighting, rigging, power or staging then let me know.

We are on the south coast and to help out anyone stuck we will honour any prices they quoted you for a limited period.

Get in touch through www.wolf-events.com.

When ever we came accross them and they always seemed like good guys. I hope not too many of their staff and crews will suffer cos of this.

J

Hi Folks,

It does sound like it hasnt worked out which is a big shame. At GLS we've had a long relationship with them and we are all hoping it will still work out eventually. In the meantime if it is of use for anyone we are very happy to honour any quote stagecraft have given and have masses of the same kit on the shelf so if anyone is stuck just make contact with us - we're only just down the road!. Contact details at www.glslighting.com

Ian

Hello All

As this seams to be turning into an advertising thread! We echo GLS's comments about stagecraft and we at CPS would also be happy to help out any ex Stagecraft customer's requiring any of our services. We would of course match any hire quotes issued and our Sales team would be happy to help with any Sales/Install enquiries. Our Website is www.c-p-s-group.com please do give us a call

Thanks

The CPS Team

I had to go to the Creditors meeting with the Liquidator today. - Not exactly fun.

Without wishing to go into too much detail, for fear of getting a slapped wrist from Mod Land, it would appear that maybe the new directorship was a little keen with their 'We're back' press releases. It looks like the purchase is still going ahead as detailed in LSI, but there are a number of legal hoops which means that no contracts have actually been exchanged yet. Perhaps the new bunch (of old staff) should have bitten their tounges a little longer, as this really can't be doing them any favours!

Neil

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry we've all been rather quiet guys but we had to go with the legal advise given. Thanks to all the people, customers, suppliers and colleagues within the industry who have been so supportive towards us in this interim period. We did our best to ensure that no-one was unduly distressed at this difficult time although some may have 'slipped through the net' for which we can only apologise.

A New Co. Stagecraft Technical Services Ltd, has risen like a phoenix and is 'up and running/flying?' in Ashfield Trading Estate, Salisbury.

The new directors are a joint management team consisting of; Simon Sketchley :blink: ex General Manager of A.J.S. and more recently owner of LASCO, an all round good egg with 30yrs experience in the business; the energetic Mr Mike Naish :D , who after 22yrs with Stagecraft Ltd, will take on the responsibilities of dry and wet hire; the ever jovial Kevin Hughes :g: , will be heading up the installation team, and behind all these great men there is.... Lisa Tapper :unsure: the frighteningly well organised, accounting wonder woman who will keep us all in check. Me, well, as an ex drama and dance teacher I will probably get lumbered with the cleaning but I do make a wicked cup of coffee and watch out for that morning workout.

Give us a ring, call in for a chat and, as I can't advertise, I'll just say...........this is a new team with new ambitions and new goals but our customers remain, as always, our number 1 priority.

Stagecraft Technical Services (STS) Ltd

LIVE AND KICKING....... as of

Friday 21st November 2008

Sheryle Daniels ;)

Archived