Quick Fatfrog User Tips

mac500

Hi guys, does any1 have any quick tips for a novice fat frog user?

Any tips greatly appreciated

Michael B

If you want your memories or submasters to only affect certain fixtures and/or attributes (ie colour/beamshape/position) make sure the desk is set up in Partial Mode before you start programming any memories or submaster data.

what sort of thing are you using them for? is ift a show? a disco? what do you want them to do?

also where in the world are you? if around london and need a hand I might be able to come over adn give you some pointers

This may sound a bit stupid, but read the manual - I did when I got my desk, and the day after did a wonderful show (if I may say so myself!) with both movers and generics - it's really not as long as you'd think!

Congratulations - I knew that there must be someone out there who has read the manual :** laughs out loud **:

I would also recommend this course of action, but then again, I wrote the manual :P

well done on one of the easiest manuels I have used, I dont read them so much as to sue them to check things that im not sure on, I find a good play is often the best way to learn to use a desk, the manuel is good for the tricky bits and the fat frog one is one of the best adn easiest to follow I have used :** laughs out loud **:

I have to say Mr Neuf, or the rather cunningly named K-nine (took me a while to get that  ) that I second Ben's motion of awarding the Fat Frog manual the easiest to understand!

Oh - I've only just got it.

DOH

(me being a bit stupid there.)

OK methinks that this desk is probably well worth a look come PLASA....

(Look if they've built a desk that people recommend AND the manual is in human english then It's defiantly worth a play....)

Oh - I've only just got it.

Yeah, he impressed me with his cunning and sharp wit too!

(Look if they've built a desk that people recommend AND the manual is in human english then It's defiantly worth a play....)

And Welsh :** laughs out loud **:

To be perfectly honest, and to go *slightly* off topic - may I just say what a marvellous board the Fat Frog is. My initial thought upon getting mine out of the box was 'well bugger me, a brilliant desk, loads of features, and blummin good for the money!' - and I'm not even Northern (if the accent came across at all!).

For the applications and market sector it caters for, all hail Zero 88!

Sorry, anti-rant over now.

:** laughs out loud **:

Thanks guys. I've used the board now. Over all good however there's no release button unless I missed it I.e once you've put a sub up then take it down and u wanna do something else it still does what the sub was programmed to do which I found a little annoying but still good for what I need it 2 do.

M

You could probably record a sub in which all the LTP channels in the movers are set to 0, or a home position if you like.

That might sort the problem out.

Stu

Archived