Strand Harmony 15/28

Yorkie

I am not a lampy. (though I am an electrician so I'm not delving into completely unfamiliar territory)

Our church has some Strand Harmony 15/28's and over time the iris diaphragm's have become increasingly mashed. I need to acquire before the end of this week one iris diaphragm, either new or used but in full working order. I have no idea if these parts are available, if compatibles are made or if a recent part will fit the same fixture. If anyone can enlighten me I'd be very grateful. If you have one or more to sell, please PM me.

It's been a long time since I used a Harmony, but I'm pretty certain that they adhere to the Strand idea of having a common-sized gate slot across pretty much the whole of the Rank Strand profile range, from the patt.263 right through to the SL. This means that irises and gobo holders are a one-size-fits-all affair. So if you can find an iris that's advertised as being for a Strand SL, Cantata or Prelude, it'll fit your Harmony profiles as well.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks Jamie, I guess you were the guy from the Mayflower trying to sell lots on here a couple of years ago? I bought one from 10outof10 in the end, £27 including VAT and DPD delivery (http://www.10outof10.co.uk/acatalog/Ex-hire-Lighting-sales.html - Prelude/Cantata Iris). I will ask if the powers that be think it prudent to buy one or two more and if so get back to you

Archived