TAS ProSpot 250

Womble

Hi All,

I'm new on here although I have been dabbling in stage sound and light for a few years now.

I have receintly brought and fixed a couple of TAS ProSpot 250's. They seem to be running fine however I am struggling to find an accurate DMX 'map'.

I am aware they are 'copies' of branded lights such as coemar or robe and have had a reasonable hunt on the net for the DMX table but none seem to match what I have worked out so far.

This is where I am so far;

1; Pan 2; Tilt 3; ?

4; ? 5; Colour 6; ?

7; Prism 8; ? 9; Gobo

10; Gobo angle/rotation 11; ? 12; Focus

13; Shutter/strobe 14; Brightness

All the 'maps' I have found so far from coemar or robe start 1; Pan 2; Pan fine 3; Tilt 4; Tilt fine. This does not match what I have working infront of me using basic DMX faders.

Any ideas please?

Thanks,

Womble

Hi Womble,

TAS was in fact Coemars "disco light company" however since they discontinued it, they are very much pretending that it never existed.

The TAS Milenium range which the ProSpot 250 was part of, was a range of OEM products made by Robe for TAS, Coemar, futurelight and a few other "manufactureres"

I'm going very much of memory here as I haven't used these for years, but I think the channel layout is as follows:

16Bit mode

1 - Pan Course

2 - Tilt Course

3 - Pan fine

4 - Tilt fine

5 - Pan/Tilt Speed

6 - Control

7 - Colour

8 - No function

9 - Prism

10 - Prism Rotation

11 - Gobo

12 - Gobo Rot

13 - No Function

14 - Focus

15 - Shutter/strobe

16 - dimmer

8Bit mode

1 - Pan

2 - Tilt

3 - Pan/Tilt Speed

4 - Control

5 - Colour

6 - No function

7 - Prism

8 - Prism Rotation

9 - Gobo

10 - Gobo Rot

11 - No Function

12 - Focus

13 - Shutter/strobe

14 - dimmer

Hope that helps

I have a feeling that it is the same as the Futurelight MH660, of the Saggiter Moving Spot 250. All made by Robe as an OEM product a long time ago... Parts are interchangeable between all 3, and the Robe ColorSpot 250XT, which was based off this OEM design (A few tiny changes)

http://users.atw.hu/DMX/robot_lampak/Futurelight%20MovingHead%20660/MH660_MAN.pdf

Archived