EV ZX5 vs ZXA5

warrenstuart

Hi

As the topic says really, has anybody tried or preferably used both EV ZX5s and ZXA5s and is there much difference?

I'm currently using ZX4s but have used ZX5s too (there's very little difference between the 4 & 5 running side by side) but wondered if there's much to be gained by going to the ZXA5 other than loosing the amp and making a hole in the bank balance!

Thanks.

I agree if you can keep it passive, what are you using them for though?

out of all that range I like the ZX1 and ZX3, The ZX3 has the same 12" driver used in the XLC line array. Its a great box for the money.

Sam

Hi Sam

Using them for a small mobile disco, no more than approx 120 people 9 times out of 10 and they seem to work fine, bit of a hole in the frequency response at 2.3khz (see engineering data sheet from EV website) but my graphic EQ very easily fixes that and they are very clear sounding.

You commented on the ZX1, I was told a couple of times to try the ZX1 & SB122 combination if I wanted to keep things lightweight???

Warren.

Archived