School Friendly Lighting Rental

DanielArkley

As promised, Grease is approaching, and we are looking to rent (not scrounge) some fixtures in return for good hard cash. I am looking for suggestions of school-friendly rental companies to get in touch with - if anyone can think of any, please let me know by PM or indeed in this thread.

Thanks in advance

Daniel

http://www.shepperd.co.uk has a whole host of links to various lighting hire companys.

Provided you have the cash to spend, and don't have any unreasonable demands, any hire company would be silly, in my opinion, to turn down business. Also not forgetting that the small clients of today sooner or later become the large clients of the future.

[Edit: Sorry, corrected typo in link :P ]

Hi there,

I would try Vari Lite or PRG as they are know now. Speak to John McEvoy a jolly decent chap who am sure will sort you out.

Remember that transport will be involved on your part so be prepared to truck from London to where ever!

Oh Lordy

As promised, Grease is approaching, and we are looking to rent (not scrounge) some fixtures in return for good hard cash. I am looking for suggestions of school-friendly rental companies to get in touch with - if anyone can think of any, please let me know by PM or indeed in this thread.

Thanks in advance

Daniel

As others have said it all really depends on where you are , over the years I have used a number of companies for school productions. Stage Electrics are one of the big players in the rental business and if your school is looking to buy they have an annual auction of ex-hire stock. Terry Tew in Essex are really friendly and you can visit them to discuss your needs, they are also open on a Sunday morning! Some local authorities also have stock they hire but it is normally limited and you need to get in quickly.

I would suggest White Light... They are based in South Wimbledon, and are always friendly!

http://www.whitelight.ltd.uk/

If you happen to be based in essex, there are many different smaller companies that you can use,as well as people like white light or stage electrics, such as 1159 Productions (PM me for contact details.)

Every one should be student friendly! Its a hire after all!

Natalie

• 3 weeks later...

You could also try getting the LEA or indeed Local Council to use their muscle to get you a good deal by doing the hire themselves, and getting the school to reimburse them. They are after all effectively the same organisation.

James

Correction: LEAs are part of County rather than District Councils, but you get my drift.

Archived