cheap profiles

danielsan

Without knowing wether you want to buy new or not, my initial thoughts are

New:

ETC Source Four Jr 25/50s (or 26, 36 or 50º) which are about £230

Selecon Acclaim Axials which are about the same

2nd Hand

There are plenty of Cantata's in different flavours doing the rounds at the mo for about £100 inc lamp, plug, hookclamp, safety etc.

I'm reasonable sure we've had a 'small profile' thread before, might have been a little while ago. Use our search tools to help you here.

HTH,

Stu

New:

ETC Source Four Jr 25/50s (or 26, 36 or 50º) which are about £230

Selecon Acclaim Axials which are about the same

2nd Hand

There are plenty of Cantata's in different flavours doing the rounds at the mo for about £100 inc lamp, plug, hookclamp, safety etc.

I'm reasonable sure we've had a 'small profile' thread before, might have been a little while ago. Use our search tools to help you here.

HTH,

Stu

Thanks Stu,

second hand is preferred but school politics means they are always snapped up before I get money agreed. NO way round that I'm afraid. Does F.A.L. still stand for F***ing Awful Lights. Someone mentioned their Sagamatore 1000s to me the other day. Cheap, certainly. Rubbish, probibly?

For what you pay for them, Selecon Pacifics are great profiles. Versatile, you can change the beam angle easily with different lens tubes and you can get them with four different lamps - 1000w, 600w, MSR and 80v versions. And you can put acetate gobos in them cos they're cool lights. But I don't know that you could call them cheap, just good value!

2nd Hand

Yup, got 4 sitting gathering dust in store just now. I was going to put them on Ebay after next week, but if you want them for £100.00 each, PM me and let me know. :)

Archived