Phantom Jester Problem

smalljoshua

I have just downloaded and Installed the Phantom Jester but when started up with any of the consoles apart from the 12/24 and the ML48 I just get a black screen for the front panel.

The monitor display works fine and when I move my mouse over the blank front panel it tells me what the mouse is supposed to be hovering over.

I have tried it with and without the high quality scaling option enabled to no avail.

Please help me!

Josh

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Josh

I double checked this my end and it's all working fine here. I've passed this onto our software guys - they'll take a look at it in the morning. What OS are you running? and what graphics card? Are your graphics drivers up to date?

Peter

I have just downloaded and installed PhantomJester and the front panel doesn't show up on any of the consoles!

On all of the other 'Phantom's they work fine.

Also, I see that there is an option for a Jester ML48. I take it that this exists then because it doesn't say on the Jester ML page that there is one.

Yes, the ML 48 exists - it's just about to start production, hence why it's not yet on the website. It is listed on our price lists however, at a very reasonable £1999. The Jester ML page will be updated in due course.

We're looking into why the panel isn't displaying - it works fine on our PCs! Do you have the latest DirectX and drivers installed?

This has just happened to me as well! The only desk that works is the ML48 :angry: EDIT: And now that's gone too!

Windows XP on a "Tiny" PC, 2.2Ghz, 1GB ram, Via Unichrome IGP

It was working fine when I first installed it, but stopped working mysteriously!

Clearing temporary files doesn't help :(

EDIT: Congratulations on getting the phantom jester out though! I've seen enough to convince me that I should get one :rolleyes:

Try holding down the mode button for a few seconds.

I'm running a similar spec. XP SP2 GEFORCE 7600GS without any problems so far.

Peter: - Is there any chance of a 'Stop' button on the initial screen instead of having to close the application and restart it when you want to change a setting or go to a different desk?

I'm liking the ML24 btw...it may be going on the shopping list!

Ive got the same problem on a vista machine. I did notice when installing a couple of errors flashed up about not being able to extract some files - could this be the problem? The 12/24version appears to work.

Am I right in thinking I could programme all the Q's in advance on a pc, copy them to memory stick and then edit on the desk when we get there - not played with the software yet. This could be useful, took me ages typing the q descriptions last year.

One possible cause of the Problem could be the fack that the download is a Zip file instead of just a exe as the zip removes a lot of the data from the file as a means of compression. It might be worth just putting the exe online to test the case.

Josh

I've rebooted a few times and - it's back!

One possible cause of the Problem could be the fack that the download is a Zip file instead of just a exe as the zip removes a lot of the data from the file as a means of compression. It might be worth just putting the exe online to test the case.

Josh

When you extract a zip file, the data that comes out is (/should be) identical to the data that went in. If the data wasn't, the program wouldn't run. It could be a problem if the zip file you downloaded is corrupt. You could try downloading it again and see...

As Charlie has alluded too, a zip file uses lossless compression so unless the zip file gets corrupted, what you put in will be identical to what you get out, the compression only removes duplicated data, and stores some notes on how to replace the duplicates it removed. Lossy compression on the other hand permanently removes data that is deemed to not be required, for example certain frequencies in audio, or detail in pictures; if this is used the information can't be recovered.

Somewhat back on topic, its working fine for me directly after installation without any restarts, on XP Pro SP2 and I can't seem to break it with any colour depth or hardware acceleration fiddling.

Am I right in thinking I could programme all the Q's in advance on a pc, copy them to memory stick and then edit on the desk when we get there - not played with the software yet. This could be useful, took me ages typing the q descriptions last year.

Yes you can program it all on the pc. In the "settings" dialogue, you can change the local drive to your thumb drive, and then you're away!

Archived