sound hire, education

sticks

Does anybody know of a good (cheap) sound hire company, possibly who would offer an educational discount.

I have been asked to design sound for an school show with a very limited budget!

Would be looking to hire a few radio mics, about 6 mics I can fly for general chorus pick up, (rifle mics are not an option) and 2 small cardiod stereo pairs for picking up small choirs stage left and stage right.

Depending on budget I may need a comms set as well (if I can't beg or borrow one from somewhere else!)

I'm located in the south-east, any recommendations anyone?

Sticks.

they have mixer/amps/speakers etc.

I don't know exactly what the budget is yet, basically I just would like to know a cheap source of microphone hire, then I may be able to negotiate as much money as I need

I have been called up as the ex-pupil who now works in theatre and would like to do as good a job as possible for them.

Talk to your local council, they might have an arts dept with acess to some sound equipment. or they might know companies that could give you educational discounts, also can you still claime the vat back for schools?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived