Vaporizer Strobe 1500w

mclarenamerican

I believe the Vaporizer Strobe 1500w, is made by Zoom Manufacturing.. used to be Source.

I've had a quick look for a manual but couldn't find one. Though I don't know why you'd need one, its not very complex, 2 channels, no magic special functions.. Dip switch 10 turns on or off the sound to sh!te ability (you need it off if you want it to respond to DMX)

Ch1 - Dimmer

Ch2 - flash rate

HTH.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Ahh, now this is where you are all wrong! :)

The strobe does have special features! We found some whilst testing a bespoke DMX program my colleague made!

You have ramp up, ramp down, blinder low intensity and blinder full intensity. I can't find the high intensity blinder mode though, I would try using the program again but it would mean purchasing a DIY £60 USB-DMX device from Maplin!

You can find a manual here, it's not the Vaporizer but the control board is the same :biggrin:

DMX Ch1 = Rate

DMX Ch2 = Intensity

HTH!

Regards,

Rob

Ahh, now this is where you are all wrong! :)

The strobe does have special features! We found some whilst testing a bespoke DMX program my colleague made!

You have ramp up, ramp down, blinder low intensity and blinder full intensity. I can't find the high intensity blinder mode though, I would try using the program again but it would mean purchasing a DIY £60 USB-DMX device from Maplin!

Oops, forgot about the blinder function. Thing is, its not like the blinder mode that you get from a martin atomic strobe.. It ramps up (with a fair amount of unhealthly sounding buzzing from the unit!) and then goes out. Used the units on a few desks, all did the same thing, so don't think I was missing some magic way of keeping them on..

Tom

• 2 months later...

Hey all,

Has anybody had troubles with these units on DMX chains? I have just done an install with 2 of them in the chain, and every now and then one of them will flash once, randomly, and then sit there again. Also, other bits of the rig do strange things when they are in the chain, such as mirror move around oddly, shutters go random - basically the data seems to break when they are in.

Do they have a setting for master and slave when in sound to light mode or anything like that? Or am I having a slow day and missing something obvious?

btw - all leads tested and checked, and rig is fine with them bypassed on the chain.

Ta

Jay :D

Do they have a setting for master and slave when in sound to light mode or anything like that?
No, they have a sound to light function though, but to the best of my knowledge, they don't output that S2L to other units to sync together, such as other DJ products.

basically the data seems to break when they are in.
Sounds like one (or both) of the units DMX cards is corrupting the data or something. Does it do it with both, or have you tried just bypassing one, trying the rig, then bypassing the other strobe?

HTH

I've got a little further with it - one strobe seems to be the culprit - in that, the problems only arise when it is in the chain. The other one was in and working as expected last night, so I'll be swapping it out for a spare sometime soon.

Thanks all :P

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys hope someone can help me.

I have one of these source vaporizers and I find them quite good. Looking at the zoom site they dont do them anymore and Im looking for another to match the unit I have. I would need the unit to be the same but badged different as I want the flash rate and duration to be the same and most importantly the ramp up blinder function.

So my question is this

What other Chinese built 1500w strobes have this feature? and the dip switch 10 thing for DMX (as this would be a good clue as to if its the same unit etc)

Thanks in advance

Chris

Archived