ETC Gio keyboard

chelgrian

Has anyone bought a Gio recently and know what keyboard they come with? They used to come with a Cherry KC4060 however they have been out of production for a while and I was wondering what ETC replaced it with.

Fairly certain ETC have not shipped GIO's for a good while. Certainly marked as legacy product on the web-site. Any new stock out there. probably still shipped with the 4020 was available, but a keyboard is a keyboard to my mind. I can't imagine the lack of a specific brand/model of keyboard is linked to the GIO's demise.  

1 hour ago, Robin D said:

Fairly certain ETC have not shipped GIO's for a good while. Certainly marked as legacy product on the web-site. Any new stock out there. probably still shipped with the 4020 was available, but a keyboard is a keyboard to my mind. I can't imagine the lack of a specific brand/model of keyboard is linked to the GIO's demise.  

Sorry I mean Gio@5 which is still current product where as full size Gio was replaced with EoS Apex.

A keyboard isn’t exactly just a keyboard it needs to be the right size to fit in the drawer built in to the console and ideally backlit.

I’ve found several otherwise suitable TKL keyboards but they are too big for the drawer.

For most things ETC either use long availability industrial components or make their own but it seems keyboards are the exception.

OK... I wasn't aware that the Gio@5 was continuing. Sorry.

However, I am now confused. If you buy the Gio@5, according to the specification on the web-site it  ships with a "Backlit alpha-numeric keyboard". That's clearly be purchased to fit the drawer, in which case does it matter what brand and model it is? Or do you already have one and need to replace the keyboard? In which case, why not ask ETC?  

So the answer is a Perixx Periboard 411 or a TG3 Electronics KBA TG78. We had asked ETC but they had not got back to us and the desk is in constant use for programming so we wanted to find a replacement asap.

• Like 1