Scanners sound to light questions

mitchino

I have 4 x geni scan scanners that I use for parties, they are great with sound to light as a master and slave set-up, lots of waggling, strobing, colour chasing etc.

I just bought 3 x Martin SX600 scanners to add to the mix, and their sound to light show is pretty dull in comparison, less waggling, less everything!

Is there a way to liven up the Martins?

Is it possible to daisy chain the Martin's to the Mojos, and have the master mojo control the Martins?

Yup. The sound active programming on the Martins would be completely different and the master/slave scenario definitely would not work. If you're already running them in a Master/Slave configuration via DMX cable connection maybe it's time to look at DMX control for all seven? They would look great via DMX control and you could pick up a used controller and start programming away. I picked up a used Elation Show Designer 1 on eBay recently for $80.00 and that's a great controller to start with. Then there's the dongle option and I've started dabbling around with ADJ MyDMX 3.0 recently and it has a lot of features and programming is a breeze to learn. They're a bit pricey, I think around $300.00 but not bad at all, EXCEPT if you have bad eyesight. There's no way to adjust font size on the software and this is on a dark background so......