Zero 88 Jester TLXtra - updating fixtures

Mr Steve

Hello all,

I've been given the task of adding some non library fixtures to an old Z88 Jester TLXtra console. I've downloaded the Zero 88 Fixture tools and created a .ift file containing my two custom fixtures. On the console, if I go in to <Update Library> the console will see the file, but then fails at 97% upload saying "wrong file type". What am I doing wrong?

Hi @Mr Steve

17 hours ago, Mr Steve said:

I've downloaded the Zero 88 Fixture tools and created a .ift file containing my two custom fixtures. On the console, if I go in to <Update Library> the console will see the file, but then fails at 97% upload saying "wrong file type". What am I doing wrong?

The <Update Library> option in Super User can be used to update the fixture library on the console. If you just wish to load in a fixture file, not a whole library, please see page 49 of the Jester TL manual for information on assigning fixtures…

https://zero88.com/storage/downloads/5ebda1d3-7348-4727-ae31-fecedf299a46/Jester-TL-and-TLXtra-Manual-3.0.pdf#page=49

I hope this helps.

Edward

It would appear the Viking 'VK3010' Par is included in the latest version of the Jester Fixture Library, so if you don't already have that on your desk, it will be worthwhile uploading it. 

Fixture Library V41: https://www.zero88.com/storage/downloads/f7c7d36c-7aed-4b34-9dfb-288f00f3ea28/gft41_ft.zip 

Instructions to update Fixture Library: https://www.zero88.com/storage/downloads/ab019f28-de03-4bc8-9cfe-39426850eb1d/Jester-MLTL-Fixture-Library-Update.pdf

However, using the fixture file you have provided I did manage to get both fixtures to load into the desk with no issues. As Edward has stated above, the process to upload just a fixture file compared to the complete library is slightly different. (apologies I missed that first time round)

Thanks guys. It turns out that as well as trying to add the two custom fixtures in the 'Update Fixture Library' section, I was also being blind. The manufacturers are QTX and Viking, so when you add these they appear under Q and V, further up the console LCDs. And I didn't RTFM.

The main library is on v37 so I'll update that, check the fixture list over, and return it to it's school.

Cheers.

• Like 1