Deleted topics...

Ynot

Just sat down at the PC and found 13 e-mail messages (that are also reflected in the forum notifications) saying that a mod has deleted one of my topics (13 times)...

Now one, maybe two of the headers are perhaps ones I recognised, but most I don't (so they may be VETY ancient history...

But either way - is there a mod clearout or something going on??

Just sat down at the PC and found 13 e-mail messages (that are also reflected in the forum notifications) saying that a mod has deleted one of my topics (13 times)...

Now one, maybe two of the headers are perhaps ones I recognised, but most I don't (so they may be VETY ancient history...

But either way - is there a mod clearout or something going on??

Mass spamming/phishing/PITA.

My apologies - I was doing some housekeeping behind the scenes, and "pressed the wrong button..."

When a message is posted in this forum, then deleted, for whatever reason - maybe a duplicate post, or a "forsale" that has gone - then it doesn't actually get deleted immediately, it gets migrated into a "wastebasket". There was tons of stuff in there going back over a decade.

I was tidying up some of the ancient stuff, didn't realise that it was going to send notifications to all of the original posters!

My apologies - I was doing some housekeeping behind the scenes, and "pressed the wrong button..."

Not a problem as it's obviously now a valid message - albeit unintended... :0

However I am bemused about the subject matter of some (most) of them as I really can't ever recall creating a topic (eg) called 'Toy Story Lighting'... :o

I had a deleted topic called "circus accident". I can say with pretty much 100% certainty that I never posted a topic with that title. I assume some spamming was going on somewhere. Any security issues we should be aware of? Worth changing passwords?

quote name='Shez' timestamp='1630503544' post='590423']

I had a deleted topic called "circus accident". I can say with pretty much 100% certainty that I never posted a topic with that title. I assume some spamming was going on somewhere. Any security issues we should be aware of? Worth changing passwords?

Well..

At the moment, EVERY page I try to go to on the Blue Room is giving me a "This is an insecure site/page - are you sure?" message.

Edited by Ynot