Supplier reputation check

lonemorf

Hi all,

Been a long while since I have been on here - hope you are all keeping well.

I stumbled across this lamp sypplier in the Netherands, https://www.proflamps.com/uk/en/contactus.php and wondered if anyone has used or had dealings wtih them - they seem to have some very keenly priced 20Rs, but I don't want to buy a bag of problems.

I know if things are too good to be true, they probably are, but thought it would be worth an ask!Cheers!

I'm assuming you're UK based - if not the following doesn't mean much to you.

Be aware of any import duties, VAT, and collection fees to be paid - these can significantly increase the price.

It's not so relevant for this lamp, but for other lamps be aware that european lamps are often 230V (or even 220V), whereas most of the UK still sits around 240V. A 230V lamp will work, but burn brighter and have a shorter life.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Been a long while since I have been on here - hope you are all keeping well.

I stumbled across this lamp sypplier in the Netherands, https://www.proflamps.com/uk/en/contactus.php and wondered if anyone has used or had dealings wtih them - they seem to have some very keenly priced 20Rs, but I don't want to buy a bag of problems.

I know if things are too good to be true, they probably are, but thought it would be worth an ask!Cheers!

I've used them several times for unusual or hard to get lamps (pre Brexit).

Some of their lines have long lead times (I suspect some of their lamps are made in small batches at irregular intervals), but I was always advised what that lead time would be.

No problems with the actual lamps or shipping.

Wouldn't hesitate to use them again for lamps I couldn't find in the UK, although I suspect post brexit shipping and Vat / Duty may be more complicated.